Portray a patient or supporting role for RINEC healthcare simulations, based on curricular case studies for Rhode Island College (RIC) and the University of Rhode Island (URI). Ideal for a person looking for part-time flexible work.
• Portray a healthcare patient scenario to nursing students based on the case study prepared by RIC and URI faculty.
• Portray the supporting roles of, but not limited to, a parent, sibling, significant other, friend, or child.
• Present role as patient in a standardized way throughout the length of the course to ensure
continuity of experience for all students.
• Memorize and present cases detailing specific emotions, behaviors, signs and/or symptoms.
• Undergo physical examination by nursing students as they learn health assessment, note taking, and other clinical skills.
• Attend trainings and meetings as requested by faculty leads.
• Must respect the privacy of learners and hold in confidence all information obtained during a scenario.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency (required)
Experience: Applicants with acting/theater experience or previous healthcare experience are encouraged to apply.
Scheduling: Flexible regarding scheduling and assignments
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Must be flexible in hours worked; ideally will be available on short notice for last minute curricular needs.
• Must be highly dependable, reliable and punctual
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
• Excellent memory recall to accurately depict patients described in the case materials.
• Work in a professional manner when interacting with learners, faculty, supervisors and staff members.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Ability to understand directions, as well as accept feedback to incorporate into case presentation.
• Demonstrated strong reading and writing skills.
• Must have comfort with own personal health so that it does not interfere with role as patient.
• Comfortable with having students perform physical examinations.
• Be willing to be recorded on audio and video during the simulations.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Fluency in a second language (preferred).